Saturday 4 August 2012

Whate'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.


Elder Meyer and his first companion in the mission field, Elder Edmiston.

In Stirling, Scotland, 1898, David O. McKay (former President of the Church) once said, "I was homesick and a little discouraged on this day. As we were coming back into town, I saw an unfinished dwelling, over the front door of which was a stone on which there was a carving. That was most unusual, so I said to Elder Johnston, 'I'm going to see what it is.' I was half way up the gravelled walk when there come to my eyesight a striking motto as follows, carved in stone: 'Whate'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.' I said to myself, or the Spirit within me, you are here as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That afternoon, I accepted the message given to me on that stone, and from that moment we tried to do our part as missionaries in Scotland."

Here, Elder Meyer and his companion, Elder Edmiston, stand in front of this significant carving with determination to do the Lord's work as missionaries in the Scotland/Ireland Mission.


Mission President and Sister Brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment